Thank you for your interest in interning at the Newport art Museum! Below are our current openings. Other internships may be available in all departments, please send us your resume if you are interested in a particular field.
Special Events Intern
The Special Events Intern will work directly with the Development Department in planning, supporting and executing the fundraising and special event activities of Newport Art Museum from mid -May – September. This person will also help assist the Development Department with some administrative duties as needed.
- Event Planning and Execution : Silent and Live Auction
- Contact auction donors/sponsors/vendors and artist as needed to confirm information
- Physically receive, catalog and organize auction items
- Write auction descriptions in coordination with Marketing Director
- Assist with multiple complex mailings
- Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down
- Prepare donor acknowledgement materials
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma with some course work at a 4-year college or university
- Must have a strong interest in event planning
- Previous event volunteer experience a strong plus
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Database experience preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Outgoing and well spoken
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- A “can do” attitude and desire to learn
- Ability to follow instructions and also work independently
Time Commitment and Compensation:
Minimum 20 hours per week; this is an unpaid internship. Hours worked will be during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 am - 5 pm). Some late evenings and weekends will be required.
Interested applications should send resume, cover letter and references to:
Director of Education
Newport Art Museum