Current Job Openings
Reports to: Staff Accountant & Controller
Individual is responsible for overseeing the day-to- day needs of the Museum’s administrative office, including ordering supplies, communicating with vendors, and opening the mail. Additional tasks involve bookkeeping functions in support of the Museum’s Finance Department. Accounts Receivable, bi-weekly payroll, preparation of bank deposits, entries into QuickBooks, generation of departmental income/expense reports, and other general Finance Department support.
- Must have a college or associate’s degree, possess an accounting certificate, or have related experience
- Knowledge of office administration
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks
- Excellent organizational, time management, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing documents and entering information into QuickBooks
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and function as a team player
- Demonstrate ability to engage effectively with staff, trustees, members, student, volunteers and all contractors and vendors working for the Museum
- Demonstrate complete confidentiality of all Museum affairs
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Human Resource experience and an interest in the arts are a plus
- Maintains all records & supporting documentation in an accurate and clear manner in accordance with established procedures
- Prepares and records deposits in QuickBooks. Ensures that all proper documentation is provided as backup for the deposit.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of financial transactions as needed.
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Collects time sheets and processes payroll on a bi-monthly basis
- Maintains updated vendor files and file numbers
- Organizes and completes supply orders
- Keeps Staff Accountant & Controller updated on all issues related to A/R
- Responsible for the sorting, stamping & distribution of mail. Stamps all checks according to procedures.
- Performs other related duties &projects as assigned by the Staff Accountant & Controller
Please include a cover letter, current résumé, three references and salary requirements. No phone calls please. All requests should be emailed to: email@example.com, with “Office Manager/Bookkeeper” in the subject line. This position is a part-time, salaried position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Newport Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
The Newport Art Museum & Art Association, established in 1912, educates and inspires a
diverse audience by collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting historic and
contemporary visual arts of the highest quality with an emphasis on the rich heritage of the
Newport region, and integrates appreciation for the arts and art-making into all its programs. The Museum is fully accredited by the American Association of Museums.