Explore and share your passion for the arts, gain valuable experience in museum management, and give something back to your community by volunteering at the Newport Art Museum. Our volunteers and interns help us bring art to life in Rhode Island in many ways.
As a Newport Art Museum volunteer you can...
- Learn to lead tours
- Be a museum ambassador during special events
- Share your clerical, administrative, or computer expertise
- Help with one-time projects like yard work or event set-up
- Help with marketing, curatorial, or education projects
- Sell art by RI artists at the Elizabeth Conklin Museum Shop
Contact Cristin Searles, Director of Visitor Services and Community Engagement, 401-848-8200 x7989 email
Share Your Passion for Art - Become a Gallery Guide!
The Newport Art Museum’s Gallery Guides are dedicated volunteers who support the mission of the museum by providing tours for visitors of all ages. Guides are trained to use questions, conversation, and factual content to engage visitors in positive, meaningful, and relevant exploration of the museum’s architecture, collection, and exhibits. Gallery Guides provide a valuable service to both the museum and the community. Learn more.